Design services include:
- Whole house interior design
- Furniture layout and selection
- Paint color consultation
- Lighting plans
- Construction documents
- Window treatments
- Flooring and carpets
- Kitchen & bath design
- Artwork selection/gallery walls
- Home organization
INITIAL CONSULTATION & SITE WALKTHROUGH
We meet with you to get an understanding of your needs, your budget, and your lifestyle, and to answer your questions about working with DesignCorp. At this time or soon thereafter, we’ll schedule a site walkthrough where we go through your space together and make sure we have a good understanding of the project scope. This way, we can give you as accurate an estimate as possible of costs and timing.
MEASUREMENTS & LAYOUT
We’ll come back to take detailed measurements of your space so that we can get started with floorplans and layouts. If your project requires construction, we can begin preparing the construction documents you’ll need to get your building permit. If you only require furnishings, we’ll start coming up with the best way to lay out your space and determine ideal furniture dimensions.
At DesignCorp, we pride ourselves on our ability to work in any style — from traditional to contemporary. We’ll get an understanding of what appeals to you and develop a central design theme that we’ll work from throughout the project.
FURNITURE, FINISHES, AND ACCESSORY SELECTION
We’ll narrow down what can be a dizzying array of objects to those that are the best size, shape, and color for your space — and we’ll make sure it all works together. We present storyboards with pictures of products and fabrics, as well as plans, elevations, and finished renderings so you can get a real understanding of how each piece will look in your space before you make your purchases.
WORKING WITH YOUR ARCHITECTS & CONTRACTORS
We communicate with and work alongside your architects, contractors, electricians, wallpaper hangers, painters… and whoever else is involved in the project to make sure that your vision is executed and the job is done right.
We take the risk out of purchasing by making sure that every piece you buy comes in with the right fabric, the right color, the right dimension. In addition, you’ll have access to trade-only sources.
We make sure that everything goes in its place and show you how to style your space to make it look its best. We stay on the job until every piece of art is hung, every lamp is lit, and every last pillow is in place.
BENEFITS TO WORKING WITH DESIGNCORP INTERIOR DESIGN
Whether new construction or remodeling, a design project involves numerous choices and decisions. DesignCorp helps our clients make the best possible decisions by listening to their ideas, understanding their needs, and helping them realize their vision.
Advantages to working with DesignCorp include:
- Development of a cohesive interior design concept
- Confidence in your purchasing decisions— that dimensions, style, color, and function will work in your space
- Avoidance of costly errors
- Knowledge of products and materials and their costs and benefits
- Optimal budget allocation
- Access to to-the-trade-only products and trade pricing
- Optimal space-planning and utilization, including organizational and storage needs
- Development of and adherence to a project timeline
- Knowledge of eco-friendly materials as desired
- Selection of materials for homes with pets or children
- Lighting and daylighting
- Construction documents and specifications